How do I get a library card?
Please visit any Logan County Public Library location. Library cards are free to following individuals:
- Residents of Logan County.
- Those currently paying property tax to Logan County.
There are two ways you may register for a card. You may complete an online library card application, and a confirmation postcard will be mailed to you. If you apply online, please bring your postcard along with a government issued photo I.D. to the library to receive a library card.
You may also register in the library using a valid form of identification, and a postcard will be mailed to verify your current address. You may check out 2 items at a time until the postcard is received and shown to one of our staff members.
A parent or guardian with valid photo identification must sign for applicants under the age of 18.
Existing Card Holders
To replace a lost or damaged card, please bring a valid form of identification to one of our locations and a new card will be issued to you for a $1 charge. To report a stolen card, please contact one of our staff members at a location near you.
What can I do with my card?
- Borrow books, CDs, DVDs, audiobooks, e-books, projectors, and more.
- Access subscription databases at the library or from your computer.
- Access library computers for up to 2 hours per day. You may use only your own library card for computer access.
How long may I keep materials?
You may check out books, CDs, audiobooks, and e-books for 14 days. DVDs checkout for 2 and 7 days respectively. Return borrowed item to any Logan County Public Library location.
What if I want to keep materials longer?
You may renew most materials unless other patrons are waiting to use them:
- From your online account.
- Over the telephone at (270) 726-6129; if it is after library hours, leave a message, and we will renew your materials.
- In person at any library location.
What if I return or renew materials late?
If materials are not returned or renewed on time, a charge will be applied to your account.
- For books and CDs, overdue charges are $0.25 per item per day.
- For DVDs, overdue charges are $1.00 per item per day.
- For Interlibrary loans, overdue charges are $1.00 per loan per day.
- For projectors, overdue charges are $25.00 per day.
Please pay charges promptly to keep your account in good standing and avoid possible collection action.
How do I find what I am looking for, even if I am not sure what it is?
Library staff is happy to work with you to find the items, information and resources that best suit your needs. We can even help you find a new favorite author.
Many items that are not immediately available can be requested via the library catalog. Items can be sent to a branch near you, and you will receive a notice when an item is ready to pick up.
Holds are typically held behind the desk and are available upon request. You will be notified when your hold is available.
If the materials are not available at the Logan County Public Library, it may be possible to request the item from another library system. Ask a staff member for more details or visit our Interlibrary Loan page.